Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sad and Love

I've gotten so sad by watching Food Inc. They way that farmers mistreat animals. The way most of them are just in it for the money. The way that the food that is produced in this manner isn't really even considered healthy. The way that it's so greedy about money to not even care about the end product. Can no one see the problems this is causing? I know there's a lot of politics behind it. But I don't really understand that. What happened to doing what's right. What happened to loving the earth, loving your neighbor.

I feel sad after going to the park today. I saw a Mom make her crying two year old walk to where they were sitting to eat lunch. All she was sad about was having to get out of the swing. Couldn't her Mom have carried her over to where they were? I mean, I get it. People parent different. But it breaks my heart to see children wanting this Mom, who they look up to so much and love with all their heart, not want to pick up their kids and hold them. It's sad we make kids grow up before they have to. I never want Luke to cry by himself. Even if he needs to cry, I'll be right by his side. Because I love him.

I saw a kid on a leash the other day. It made me sad. Are kids animals? Can't they go explore this beautiful world? They should run, feel the wind, touch the grass and climb trees.

Sometimes I wonder if the world has lost their hearts. It's so hard to handle even though I know they are all loved by God. But have we lost it all in the convenience or modern day culture? Not holding your child because it's too hard. Doing things for money instead of love. We've lost connection with real love.

I think about my own life. How I can't love someone enough. It's not a problem with my son and my husband. But others. I care about other people but enough to bleed a little of myself for them? I think I consider it an inconvenience. I'm not talking about the easy stuff like lending your things to friends or cooking dinner for someone else. But really bending over backwards. Really putting my heart out there. Really loving.

I don't really love. I want to ask God to help me to love like him. Even if it's just a little small ounce of love each day. Just a little drop of more love each day. Maybe I can 'be the change', just a little by changing the way I love.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow, beautifully said. I feel the same way as you...it just breaks my heart to see the disconnection in this world. I think you got it right, change happens one person at a time.

Juliana said...

Yes, so sad and tender. I love that you want to love more. I feel this way so often. It is difficult though, especially when we have so many emotions to sort through.

I've seen Food, Inc. and only eat local meat now. Refuse to buy "regular" meat. I feel better about this choice.

As for those parents, yes, I know what you mean. I can only think they never received the love and care they needed from their parents. I read once that everyone really is trying to do the best that they can, and sometimes they seem like real jerks, but they don't know how to help themselves. I guess I've moved away from anger to sadness. You seem sad about it too.