Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Homeschool Last Week

One of my new years goals was to plan the homeschool week ahead of time.  I found this sheet to write down what I hope to accomplish.  It's kinda cool to plan everything out so I can see what I'm going to do.  It makes it more organized so that I'm not fumbling around when I say 'it's time to start school'.
I started doing it two weeks ago and we got through all I wanted to do.  It was funny because I had my husband take over one of the days last week because he came home from work so I could go to the doctors.  He didn't understand exactly what was on my list so he just had Luke do all of the writing assignments for the whole week in one day haha.  So we just moved on the next day and did the math and reading we didn't do the days before.  We also finished reading Snow White (I was reading it to them).
Last week was more "field trip week".  We went to the fire station with a local homeschool group.

Luke in the fire truck
We have been to the fire station before.  But this time Luke wasn't afraid to get in the fire truck with out me and he was really interested in learning about everything this time.  Him and Taryn weren't shy about getting in a group photo either :)

Thursday we went to an art class where the kids learned to paint a butterfly on canvas.

art class

We also had a park playdate with our friends, made a trip to Portland and ran some errands.  Needless to say, we didn't get done with what we set out to accomplish this week.  But, I really think that is the beauty of homeschooling.  


No comments: