Friday, August 6, 2010

Self Portrait: Eyes

Think, I love me just the way I am

Elements of Self at Shakti Mama


I love my eyes.  I know that sounds vein.   But it's always been a feature of myself that I have liked.  I like my brown eyes.

Eyes are so intriguing.  As my husband says 'you can see your soul when you look into your eyes'.  I think that's true.  Eyes tell everything.  Just even the slightest flinch and it can convey an emotion that is deep inside.  Eyes really are the soul sees the world, or how the world sees a soul.

Here are my eyes.  





I haven't really felt self concious at all during this series.  I kind of like taking fun pictures of myself.  However, I do feel a little weird about my nose up this close.  Not to mention my pores.  Oh well.  This is me.  And if you look close enough, you can see my contact lenses... and maybe even a glimpse into my soul. 

5 comments:

Juliana @ Shakti Mama said...

LOL, I can almost hear you giggling as you were taking these photographs :). I think it's great that you're not self-conscious in the least ... this says so much about you and how comfortable you are with who you are. I really, really admire that.

I love the brown of your eyes, I've been hearing chocolaty eyes a lot lately, and I think this is a good way to put it ... soulful, chocolaty eyes ...

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

You do look like you're having fun...your eyes are beautiful happy eyes.

Lisa C said...

This is the most humorous one I've read in this series. I haven't felt self-conscious either, except for one picture I took where I look really sad and didn't want to post it. That felt like a bit too much for me.

I love your eyes, too. They are so playful, and making eye contact with you gives me a good feeling.

W-S Wanderings said...

Such happy, playful and confident eyes. Lucky woman!

Cassie said...

You guys are way too nice. Thanks for the lovely compliments :)