Monday, October 10, 2011

4 months! (really 4 1/2)

Dear Little Sweet Taryn,

Oh are you something else.  You just are so happy all the time.  You have such a deep love for life.  Your radiant happiness makes all of us happy.



You are SO grabby now.  Everything has to be in your hands and then in your mouth.  This includes my head, any of Luke's toys, anything you can reach from your bumbo chair - safe or not, and a piece of squash from my dinner plate!!  You spit it because you cannot chew and your gag reflex is too strong for you to swallow, so phew.  I am not giving you food till 6 months so you take your time! :)



Not only are you reaching and grabbing everything, you are so insistent to be put down on the ground sometimes.  You practically JUMP out of my hands to go play with some of your brother's toys.  You can sit up now.  Though, this happened a little after 4 months.  But you are so strong.  I'm afraid you will crawl way too early, because you are so desperate.  You've found ways of moving yourself around the play room so you can get some of those toys.



I can't believe how much you sleep.  It's funny because you actually do 'sleep through the night' even though we've done nothing to try to get you to do that.  I think you're just so worn out from watching Luke all day.  We can't complain though, we're tired :)




You are fitting into 6 month+ clothes now.  You have Papa's long arms too, because it seems that all your sleeves are too small.  And you have a huge head!


There is so much drool coming out of your mouth, we are just waiting for those first teeth.  Isn't 4 months too young?  I think so.  But I'm guessing that they'll show up in the next couple months, probably just in time for when we actually let you have some food!


I am just always so amazed about how observant your are.  You have to know what's going on all the time.  When new people come over you really watch them.  Then they talk to you and you give them the biggest smiles.  When Mama, Daddy or Luke come in the room you become 'twitterpated'.



You are just always SO happy.  Not a thing upsets you.  Even when you get hungry, you make a few cry outs to alert us, then you keep making a few ah noises while I lift my shirt, to let me know that you are, indeed, still hungry.   You also fuss when your diaper is wet, you really don't like that. 
When you wake up in the morning, we lift you up, and you rub your eyes and even though you are tired you give the biggest smile with your tongue sticking out.  Oh, so, cute!


You are our sweet little girl.  We love you so much and we can't wait to see what's next. 

Love,
Mama and Daddy

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

I am amazed how quickly she is developing. She's like a six month old, practically! Oh, I miss when Michael used to wake up smiling...now he just cries. :(

I hope my second child sleeps through the night, too. Not that it really matters, but it would be nice. :D