Wednesday, May 19, 2010

He's amazing.

I met my husband in college. We worked at the same coffee shop in the student union. It turned out that we had every class together and went to church together too. The first night we actually hung out, he met some of my friends at a bar. We talked for a while by ourselves and that was it, well for me. I remember saying to my friends on the way back to my sorority, I love him and I want to marry him. They thought I just had too many beers or was crazy or something. But there was just something about him. We ended up getting together, finally, after college. Then a year later we got engaged, and then married the next year.
Then we had Luke. I always knew he'd be a great dad. But I never knew just how great. I think I'm finally hitting a stage of parenting that is challenging. Just in the last few weeks Luke is walking everywhere now and teething and probably going through a lot of developmental changes. So that equals just plain fussy all day. Today and yesterday he was just plain fussy. All 12 hours that Ben is away from home. (minus nap time)
Today I just didn't think I was going to make it through the day. I felt so sorry for Luke, he was miserable. He was obviously in pain. I was tired. He wanted to touch everything he wasn't really supposed to. It was just a hard day. And it broke my heart to see Luke so miserable. Ben kept calling me. And he ended the conversation... 'just call me when your heart breaks again'. He's so sweet to me. He'd do anything to help me. He does everything. He helps me clean the house after work so I don't feel like I have to do everything when I'm home all day. He always says 'just take care of Luke, the rest can be done when I'm home to help.' Even if I don't get dinner ready he offers to cook while I get a break to work out. He's offered to drink coffee and stay up all night if Luke isn't sleeping well. He really does it all. He drives an hour each way to and from his job. He works 9 hour days M-Thur and then half day on Friday. I know he's tired, he's always tired. But he's never to tired to help me and take care of us. He is amazing. I thank the Lord every day that I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I thank God that he's in my life. Even days like today, I can look and say that the day was a gift from God because I got to see my loving caring husband take care of us. I love him so much.

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

What an adorable picture!

You always have such wonderful things to say about Ben. I'm lucky to have a husband who is so willing to help, too...although I don't get as much a break from the housework because he's always working in the yard or on the house...but he takes Michael with him!

That story of how you guys met is funny, like you guys were just meant to be together.