Tuesday, May 10, 2011

39 Weeks! and more




One week!  I think I'm going to be late.   I really don't see myself going into labor in the next 6 days.
I feel ok, I feel almost exactly the same as when I was this far along with Luke.  I am having some contractions but mostly when I'm exerting myself- carrying Luke a long ways, cleaning, standing a lot, etc.  Really at this point in time, I don't care too much about when I'm going to go into labor...


***


Misu's birthday is today.  Isn't she cute?

******

Mother's Day

I think I talked about this last year... But my mom died when I was a small kid.  So, Mother's Day hasn't always been the most special or exciting holiday for me.  In fact, I kinda didn't like it because it was always weird.  Not that I was sad about loosing my Mom but more like it was always brought up by accident at school when we made crafts for our moms or by someone trying to be nice.  It was just awkward.  But now, since I'm a mother myself, it takes on a whole new meaning.  Now it can be something I'm excited about.
So here's me and my son on Mother's Day.  I almost forgot to take pictures so we're almost ready for bed in these pictures.  Maybe next year we'll actually do it after church when we're in nice clothes.




****

My grandparents came to visit this weekend.  I wasn't sure about them coming so close to my due date but then thinking about it I realized how I'm probably going to be late anyway, so it really won't make much of a difference.
It was really fun having them up.  I wish they could stay longer, and come visit more often.  Luke loved them.  He didn't get shy when they got here, he almost immediately took to them.  I told him they were "Grammy and Grandpa" which is what I call them.  But Luke decided on Gammy and Papa.  The Gammy because he can't say 'r' very well... and I'm not sure about Papa.  Maybe because he calls his other Grandpa Papa.
My grandma gave me a glider chair that she got from a garage sale and then reupholstered.  It's so nice and wide and great.  It'll come in handy while nursing my new baby.








Well, that's it for now.  I'll update more this week if something happens or if we do something cool....

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Wow it looks like you are sticking out at least an inch more than last week!

So nice Mother's Day can have a new meaning for you now. I don't think I ever did enough for either of my parents when I was growing up, on their respective 'days.' :(