Friday, May 6, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday...3



-1-

I had pizza tonight.  I don't know why, I had been craving it for a while.  We eat mostly primal but for some reason I just wanted bread.  My stomach hurt today and yesterday and I always feel like some kind of bread when it hurts.  Maybe to soak up acid.  Though, it always makes me feel worse.  Anyway, the pizza was sooo good.  But, oh boy will I probably pay for it.  Luke is obsessed with it so I'm glad we never have it.


-2-

I saw my midwife today.  She visits me at my house most of the time, unless she's busy Friday, then I have to go up to her office which is about 40 minutes away.  She was half hour early for the appointment today.  She pulled up to the house right as my husband got home from work.  He usually takes a work break for about a half hour before the appointment just to help me pick up everything and helps with Luke.  He texted me 'Midwife is here. I am not kidding.'  At the exact moment I heard the text and read it, I saw out the window that her car was here.  PANIC.  I just had my night gown on which is pretty revealing since it's a nursing night gown, and Luke had no pants on.  We were in the middle of cooking bacon.  I ran back to the bedroom to change and to get Luke ready and my husband had let her into the house and turned off the stove.  I guess it's not that big of deal since she'll see me give birth.  But I was totally not expecting her that early.  And I'm not sure who got the time wrong, I thought I had it written down right, but I also had the time wrong on another one a few weeks ago.  Oh well.


-3-

We got to talk to our priest friend yesterday.  We chatted with him for half hour.  I can't remember the last time we have talked to him on the phone/in person.  He was really excited to hear that we are about to have another baby.  He suggested to ask our priest for the Catholic Book of Blessings and to pray the blessing for a new baby and to consecrate her to Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
He also asked us how our marriage was doing.  I was just telling Ben that day that I couldn't imagine being married and not having kids right away.  Having a child has been such a blessing to our marriage.  Even though we've had some tiring nights and long days, I just don't even know what we'd do together with no kids.  I suppose we would have found something...


-4-
 
 The dog and cat both slept in the bed one afternoon for nap time this week.  I couldn't believe it.

Pickle staring down Misu

Misu sleeping

Both together.  It's hard to see since I had to take the picture while Luke was sleeping on my arm.


Technically they weren't both on the same bed, since we cosleep and have two beds pushed together.  But that was a lot closer than its every been.

 
-5-
 
We got poop keychains as part of a gift from our friends, Luke's godparents.  We exchanged our Christmas presents just a few days ago (yeah I know really late).  


This is sort of an inside joke with some of my close friends... and I'm not really sure how it started... well, ok maybe I do.  But anyway, my husband proudly put his on his key chain.  I asked him, what are you going to do when someone asks what those are at work.  Wouldn't that be embarrassing?  I think so.  Anyway, I have to figure out which one I'm going to use.
You can purchase your own here.


-6-

Monday I had contractions.  When I was pregnant with Luke, I had Indian food the day before I went into labor.  Not that I think it worked, since I was 10 days late with him, I figured i'd be worth the shot of trying again.  So Tuesday evening we went to Indian food for dinner.  I'm still pregnant.  
Didn't hurt though, the food was good.

 
-7-

I'm thinking about calling my parents and in-laws at weird hours the next week just to let them think that I'm in labor... then when they answer I'll say HI!  And act surprised when they ask if I'm doing ok or what I'm doing calling so late/early.
Ok, maybe I won't do it to my inlaws since they are out of town.  But, maybe I should try with my dad.  I'm sure he'd enjoy the scare :)  ok, ok, Dad, I won't do it....

I love doing things like this because I can actually come up with things to talk about.  Then I also get to write down and remember my week.  See you next Friday!
Check out more at Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Lol, I can't believe you put the poo keys on here.

Pizza gives me stomach upset but it's all the melted cheese in my case. In fact, we've been eating a lot of beans lately, and I've had no gas. I had a quesadilla last night, and I still have gas. Lol, tmi, I know, haha.

Funny about the midwife, too. I didn't know her being early meant you were still in your nightgown, Luke naked-butt, and cooking breakfast. LOL.

Oh, and just so you know, every morning now I look at my phone half-anticipating text messages from you saying you are in labor. Because you better text me! Even if it's the middle of the night, I don't care, I want to know!