Tuesday, April 27, 2010

11 Months!





Ok, this post is quite late, he was 11 months last Friday. But better late than never.

Even in the last month, oh how you've grown.
Things you're doing today....
Walking!
Trying really hard to go from kneeling to standing. You can do it some of the time.

Talking. You say Dog. You love dogs, and I'm not sure why because we have a cat. I think you think Pickle is a dog. You can say book which is more like 'buh' and you say ball 'ba'.

You love to play the blanket game with daddy before bed where you guys go under the covers then pull the covers off your head over and over.

You learned how to kiss, and even though it's an open mouth, tongue out kiss, it's still the sweetest thing in the world.

You still have six teeth but the next ones coming in are making you miserable.

You love going outside. Even if it's just playing in our little front yard and picking up the rocks, you love it. Daddy even takes you on short walks in the rain.











When you eat, you still turn the plate upside down every time. It makes a huge mess but you're eating more and more... and it makes me a little sad because you're becoming less of a baby and more of a kid.

You still love oranges and bread. You like green beans now. You ate chicken with out spitting it out for the first time on my birthday at the Thai restaurant. You still love chewing on onions, lemons, limes and grapefruits. You love butter, well at least you insist on holding the butter stick and playing with it.




You still LOVE the vacuum. I think even more than doing the dishes.



You love going up to Grandma and Usa and asking them to hold you while you point at everything because you know that they'll take you where ever you point.

You love books now. You ask me to read you books all the time. And some of the books you just want me to hurry though so you can point out the dog at the end of the book. Or sometimes you'll interrupt one book so that I can read another book.


I love you so much and I can't believe you're 11 months old... soon to be one. My baby is growing up.

4 comments:

Lisa C said...

Aw...so cute! Walking, talking, eating more food...he's growing up so fast!

Cassie said...

I kinda copied your blog how you write to Michael on each month birthday. It's cute!

Dionna @ Code Name: Mama said...

What a cute little chunker!

Thanks so much for your comment on my guest post on Zoey's site. If you like to read, now is the perfect time to look at some books - right before he really turns into a toddler ;)
My top 5 list is:
The Emotional Life of the Toddler (Liberman)
Unconditional Parenting (Kohn)
Playful Parenting (Cohen)
Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves (Aldort)
Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids (Hart)

Have fun! I have LOVED the toddler age, regardless of the "struggles."

Cassie said...

Thanks for the book suggestions!!