Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Coffee is an Addiction.

I have this dilemma every day after already having 2 cups of french press coffee, should I have another cup?
I can't live without coffee. Well, I say that loosely, I probably could live with out it, but why would I want to? Coffee makes everything better.

I open my eyes in the morning, my head hurts from lack of sleep. My eyes are crusty. My throat is a little horse. Coffee.
It's 9 am and I really need to do a load of laundry or Luke won't have any diapers for the rest of the day. Coffee.
Luke peed on the floor and I have to clean it up. Coffee.
It's cold because I have the door to the garage open so Pickle can roam in and out. My toes are freezing but I can't get up because Luke is sleeping on me while I'm sitting on the couch. What can warm me up? Coffee.
I look at the clock and there's still an hour till Ben gets home. The house is a mess. Dinner isn't started. Pickle is meowing. Luke is jumping out of my arms at everything. Coffee.
Thinking about starting to pack our stuff to get the house ready to sell. Coffee.
Getting ready for the day. Coffee

There isn't really a scenario where I think coffee isn't a good idea. Maybe getting ready for bed wouldn't be an appropriate time for coffee. But anytime before 6pm there is always at least a small need for coffee. I guess I'm addicted.



This is how I have coffee. You must have a French Press. I grind my coffee beans RIGHT before I make the coffee. I grind about4 Tablespoons in a grinder then transfer it to the press. I pour hot water from my insta-hot (which, yes, we got for coffee). Stir the grounds and hot water. Put the lid of the french press on and wait 4 minutes. It is coffee BLISS.
What am I drinking now? New Seasons french roast.
What # cup of coffee am I on as I'm writing? 3 :)

No comments: