Monday, March 1, 2010

Sleep, not last night. Due to Exercise?

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was awake from 2 o'clock on. I got a few minutes of on and off sleep but I think I was more less awake the whole time. Usually, I don't sleep because Luke wants to nurse all night or rolls around (because of teething, being sick, etc). But last night, it was all me. I guess the temperature was wrong and I think I'm already starting allergies and my nose itched. I have noticed lately that I have had nights like this... I wake up to nurse Luke then he goes back to sleep and I can't seem to get back to sleep for several hours.
I am wondering if it is lack of exercise? The last few weeks I have been off and on a cold so I have not kept up on my daily exercise. This last week, I only walked two times for two miles carrying Luke. On those nights, I sleep very well. Coincidence?
Before I got a cold I was doing Tabatas when Ben got home from work. They are a high intensity interval training. You pick an exercise, burpees, jumping jacks, etc then you do that exercise for 20 seconds at a high intensity and then rest for 10 seconds. You do that for 4 minutes. I picked 4 exercises so that equals 16 minutes of high intensity. It was great.
Now, since it's been sunny more often, I am thinking about starting running again. I can't decide if I want to run with Luke in the stroller or just wait for Ben to get home and go on my own. Once it gets light out, I will go on my own. But I just hate putting Luke into a stroller. He feels so far away and I don't know if he likes it very much. Maybe I'll try it again sometime. I hope to get back into running before I get pregnant again some day :)

No comments: